Don’t use any other exfoliating products for about three days after your appointment. You should avoid touching, rubbing, or picking your skin, which can slow the healing process. Finally, don’t use products with glycolic acid, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, or topical acne treatments for 24-48 hours.
What can I put on my face after microdermabrasion?
Use a rich moisturizer once you have thoroughly dried the skin. Continue to use it for 4-6 days after your treatment as this will prevent any excessive peeling. Use sunscreen every time you go out (even if it is an overcast day). This is important because microdermabrasion increases photosensitivity.
Can you use vitamin C after microdermabrasion?
MICRODERMABRASION: WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
recommended. Avoid using abrasive products such as scrubs or exfoliating sponges for 7 -10 days. Avoid products such as retinols and glycolic acid 10 days. Vitamin C Serums may be resumed after 48 hours.
Can I use salicylic acid after microdermabrasion?
1. Discontinue use of any all exfoliating agents for one week. Products that have an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid, like glycolic), BHA (beta hydroxy acid, like salicylic), micro beads, enzymes, or a retinol will all further exfoliate the skin.
Can I use aloe vera after microdermabrasion?
You may have mild redness and minimal swelling (like a sunburn) for a few minutes up to 48 hours. You may apply aloe vera or cold compress. Anything you apply to your skin over the next day or two may feel tingly or irritating.
Can you use niacinamide after microdermabrasion?
Procedures can make the skin much more porous and sensitive to sunlight. Dr Morley strongly recommends that following a microdermabrasion treatment, you diligently apply sunscreen and Niacinamide.
Can I put makeup on after microdermabrasion?
You can use makeup as soon as the skin is healed. Generally, most people can resume their normal activities in seven to 14 days after dermabrasion. You should avoid sunlight for a few weeks after the pink color has gone away.
What should I do before and after microdermabrasion?
Pre and Post Microdermabrasion Instructions. Pre – Microdermabrasion Instructions: Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment. Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment.
What should you not do after Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning aftercare tips
- Avoid the use of saunas or steam rooms and don’t engage in any strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid using any products on your face which contain exfoliating ingredients for 24 hours to avoid irritating your skin any further.
- Do not wear any makeup for 24 hours.
Can I use a face mask after microdermabrasion?
Day Four after the Microdermabrasion Treatment
If your face feels dry and tight, gentle exfoliation can help. Our recommendation is to use a gentle mask in the shower when your face is wet. REMEMBER YOUR SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY!
What should I avoid before microdermabrasion?
Before your microdermabrasion or dermabrasion
- No pre-medication is needed.
- Stop taking aspirin-based medicines, Retin-A, Renova, Differin or glycolic acid products.
- Stopping smoking a week before microdermabrasion is also recommended to improve blood flow.
- Avoid sunbathing and waxing.
What products do you use for microdermabrasion?
8 Microdermabrasion Products You Can Use At Home
- Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set. …
- Kiehl’s Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion. …
- Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System. …
- DERMAdoctor Physical Chemistry Facial Microdermabrasion + Multiacid Chemical Peel. …
- Boots No7 Micro-Dermabrasion.
Can I use hyaluronic acid after Microneedling?
Hyaluronic acid can be used following microneedling, and it’s even recommended in some cases to help stimulate collagen production after your procedure. If your skin is feeling dry, it’s generally safe to apply coconut oil as an emollient to lock in moisture and hydrate your face after microneedling.
Do I moisturize after microdermabrasion?
Keeping the skin moisturized after microdermabrasion can help encourage healing, reduce discomfort, and keep the skin from drying out while it heals.
Can I tan after microdermabrasion?
Avoid direct sun exposure for 1-2 days after your treatment. Use a sunscreen every day that blocks both UVA and UVB rays, preferably one containing a SPF of 30 or higher (we recommend wearing a sunscreen everyday). Do not go tanning for at least 2 weeks post-procedure.
How long after microdermabrasion can you shower?
The first 24 hours after your microdermabrasion are the most important when it comes to ensuring the best possible results. Avoid anything that raises your body temperature, such as hot showers, a sauna, steam rooms, and exercise for the first day after treatment.