If you’re using a spray sunscreen, hold the can about eight inches away from your scalp so that the stream of product doesn’t go on super thick against your scalp. You don’t need to cover the entire head as you spray, simply aim the can at the scalp and go over the areas where hair isn’t covering your skin.
How do I put sunscreen on my scalp?
You should use a scalp sunscreen that contains a minimum of SPF 30 and include some type of physical blocker like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. “Apply it generously to areas where your hair tends to be thinner, like your part,” notes Dr. Young.
Is it OK to put sunscreen on scalp?
Luckily, there are sunscreen products specially formulated for the hair, part and scalp that will protect this vulnerable area of your body from UV rays without leaving residue on your hair. You can also apply any type of sunscreen to your scalp that works for your face.
How do I protect my scalp from sunburn?
5 Tips to Avoid a Sunburnt Scalp
- Go undercover. You don’t want to have greasy-looking roots when you’re in public (or ever), which makes the thought of applying sunscreen to your scalp very unappealing. …
- Use a non-greasy sunblock spray. …
- Change up your part. …
- Keep track of the time. …
- Get a Hair Transplant.
Can you put sunscreen on bald head?
As board-certified dermatologist Samer Jaber, MD, recently told New York magazine in an interview, people with bald heads should be using sunscreens that boast at least 30 SPF, and an even higher SPF is better.
Do I need to put sunscreen on my hair?
“With hair, the goal is to protect from bleaching and to prevent moisture loss. The SPF (Sun Protection Factor) that we see in our skin sunscreens is not relevant when it comes to hair, just like the UVQ filter in Sachajuan Hair In The Sun would not protect the skin from sun damage,” explains Mitic.
How do you prevent sun spots on bald head?
What can I do to protect my head and scalp from the sun?
- Cover up. Pop on a broad brim hat, to protect your face, neck and ears, whenever you’re out in the sun. …
- Slather on sunscreen. A big advantage for bald people: there’s nothing to stop you getting protection from sunscreen on your scalp. …
- Seek shade.